Introducing Live Search in Adobe Commerce
Global ecommerce is seeing year over year quarterly growth rates over 39%, helping drive toward $4.2 trillion in ecommerce sales this year. As more and more purchasing shifts online, the digital experience becomes even more critical. Every element counts, particularly onsite search, which is the starting point for about 30%-60% of shoppers. Surprisingly, studies show merchants have a long way to go to create better site search experiences:
- 27% of sites won’t show useful results if the shopper misspells just one character
- Only 49% of sites allow shoppers to refine their search with faceted navigation
- 61% of sites have weak support for search synonyms to help shoppers navigate
Merchants can’t afford to lose site search shoppers because they are 2 to 4 times more likely to convert. When shoppers feel friction, they are quick to abandon the site for an easier solution, resulting in lost revenue for the merchant.
In our latest mid-quarter release available to Adobe Commerce customers, we are proud to introduce Live Search powered by Adobe Sensei. This new feature helps our merchants create better converting site search experiences and be more efficient with their time. Live Search combines the power of Adobe Sensei AI with commerce data to return highly relevant search as you type results—all while simplifying back-end management. Merchants can create rich search experiences, right in the Adobe Commerce admin, to help shoppers quickly find what they want, and what they didn’t know they needed. Here’s a closer look at some of the key features:
Uses Adobe Sensei to automatically pick and intelligently order the best facets/filters for each search query so shoppers can easily refine results. Merchants no longer need to manually configure facet rules, freeing up time to make other site search optimizations.
Helps merchants create a set of rules to adjust search results to match business goals. Merchant can:
- Boost products - A merchant can display a particular product line higher in search results to highlight a new partnership
- Bury products - A merchant can display products lower in search results so other merchandise can get better exposure
- Hide products - A merchant can hide a product due to stock or product quality issues
Helps merchants define related search terms so shoppers receive more relevant results. Merchants can define two types of synonyms:
- One-way Synonyms can help shoppers navigate merchandise more efficiently in one direction. For example, a merchant can define synonyms for "winter clothes" to include specific items like jackets, scarves, and boots. But, if a customer searches for "jackets," they will not see results for scarves or boots.
- Two way Synonyms can broaden search results for shoppers to help them see more results. For example, a search for “necklace” can also include results for similar terms like chain, pendant, and locket. This ensures the right products are displayed when multiple terms can be used to describe them.
Allows merchants to use Live Search to help power category browse instead of relying on category taxonomy. Exposing helpful filters enables shoppers to search faster and be more efficient.
Live Search is an API-first headless service, which makes deployment easy. Developers can leverage GraphQL or get started with the Java Script SDK. To learn more about Live Search, check out the User Guide or the Developer Guide. Then, visit the Marketplace to download the free Live Search extension, exclusively for Adobe Commerce customers. Start creating a powerful site search experience today with Live Search for Adobe Commerce.