How to Define a Lead
About the eBook
To build out your lead generation strategy, you need to start with the basics. First of all, what is a lead? Every organisation will have their own definition of a “good lead”. If you don't know yours, lead generation 101 is where you need to begin.
There are many definitions of a lead and there are even more definitions of a “good lead”. According to Marketo, in our own revenue cycle, a lead is “a qualified prospect that is starting to exhibit buying behaviour”. But the sales and marketing team don't always agree on what constitutes "buying behaviour", which is why it's so important to come to agreed-upon qualifications.
Read our new ebook for lead generation tips and best practices, including:
- The process of coming to an agreed-upon lead definition between marketing and sales
- How demographics, firmographics and BANT (Budget, Authority, Need and Timeline) affect lead qualification
- The lead handoff process from marketing to sales
- How SLAs (Service Level Agreements) ensure proper follow-up with promising leads
- How to map your lead generation efforts to every stage of your sales funnel
Want to learn more about lead generation? Download The Definitive Guide to Lead Generation today!
Please share some contact information to download the eBook