9 free email marketing template websites
According to the 2021 State of Email report by Litmus, 76% of brands design emails usingHTML templates. Email marketing templates are game-changers when it comes to saving time,resources, and money on email campaigns—and savvy email marketers are adopting themincreasingly into their workflows. Beautiful, user-friendly layouts build meaningful customer interactions, boosting engagement and improving metrics such as click-through rates.
Luckily, email templates don’t have to be expensive—there are thousands of free onesavailable online. While more email templates mean more chances to find eye-catching layoutsto match your campaigns, it can be overwhelming to sort through all the choices. It’s essential toknow where you can get the best templates to avoid wasting energy scrolling through low-quality or unprofessional options.
To save you time, we’ve put together a list of nine of our favorite resources for free, well-designed email marketing templates.
Templates from left to right:Event Reminder Email Template“Important Information” forWebinars industry,Promo Email Template “Made with Love” for Books & Presents & Stationeryindustry, and Product Update Email Template “Latest Release” for Software & Technologyindustry.
No coding skills? No problem.Stripo is an all-in-one email design platform that uses a drag-and-drop interface, making it easy for anyone to create or customize visually appealing emaillayouts. The free HTML template builder is integrated with more than 70 email service providers(ESPs), including Adobe Marketo Engage, and can export with just one click.
Adding brand-specific content likeheaders, footers, product cards, and contact information tocampaigns is effortless with Stripo’s modules library, which allows you to store and updateelements across all of your emails.
- There are over 1,000 free, multipurpose HTML templates.
- Customizing templates is quick and simple with Stripo’s embedded micro tools. Theplatform features helpful design tools, such as an embedded photo editor, bannergenerator, CTA button block, and HTMLblock.
- The searchable database is organized by type, industry, features, and integrations.
- You can access pre-built accelerated mobile pages (AMP) emails with interactivecomponents like carousels, accordions, and selectors and preview how layouts willappear across devices and email clients.
Email templates from left to right: Multi Purpose Business, Pack it in, Breathe It Out, and E-Learning Blog.
Claiming it’s the “Best Editor Ever,” BEE is another excellent choice for finding and buildingemail templates—especially if you’re a fan of the drag-and-drop method. The platform allowsyou to export anddownload zip files with the HTML to use with any ESP. While transferring theHTML to Marketo is an extra step, you can easily save free templates from BEE and make themeditable within Marketo.
- You can choose from more than 1,170 free HTML templates.
- Templates are organized into categories like collection, designer, usage, and industry tohelp you find the best layouts to meet your needs.
- The free plan includes integrations with seven email marketing platforms, includingMailchimp and Gmail, but copying and pasting HTML allows you to export anywhere.
- Optimal responsive layout creation for both mobile and desktop is intuitive, thanks tooptions to preview or test emails and define specific content blocks.
- BEE also includes templates for landingpages. If you’d rather repurpose your emails,you can transform them into landing pages with one click.
Templates from left to right: Finance Newsletter Re-Engagement for Email, Event Confirmation,Newsletter for Business Consulting.
If you want more options to find and build mobile-responsive emails and landing pages, Unlayer has you covered. Similar to BEE and Stripo, Unlayer is a drag-and-drop editor. The templatebuilder is embeddable within apps and features integrations with 10 ESPs as part of the paidlicense plans. The free version includes the option to download your templates and manuallytransfer the HTML to any ESP.
- You can access free stock photos and more than 1,000 HTML templates.
- The template library is grouped by usage, collections, and industry for easy reference.
- Unlayer makes collaboration and approval processes smooth with straightforwardversion histories and options to define different user roles.
- You can organize emails quickly by saving custom blocks or templates and taggingcampaigns.
Templates from left to right: Your Mountain is Waiting, Happy Holidays,Year in Review.
Curating campaigns is a cinch with Campaign Monitor, another drag-and-drop editor. You candownload free, professional-quality templates as HTML or CSS files to use with any ESP. Whilethe product itself is not free, you can access no-charge templates and use a free trial version tosend test emails to up to five people, create subscriber lists, and explore journeys and smarttransactional emails.
You don’t need an account to customize free templates on Campaign Monitor,but you do needto submit an email address to download the designs to export to your favorite ESP.
- Campaign Monitor offers more than 250 integrations with ESPs, apps, and marketingtools, including Shopify and Jotform.
- The platform provides acurated selection of free customizable and mobile-friendly emailtemplates labeled by design type.
- You can reduce the time spent customizing campaigns by entering your website into acustom template tool, which will automatically apply your brand logo andcolors.
- Pick beautiful images from millions of Unsplash photo options.
- Unique SMS marketing functionalities and reports allow you to enhance and grow youremail campaigns.
- A link review tool checks hyperlinks for you to make sure everything works correctly andis up to speed.
Templates from left to right: Cypress, Sedona, Azores.
If you’re looking for premium templates that are both enterprise-focused and free, Knak is agreat resource. While the pricing plans for this drag-and-drop editor are more expensive thanother options—starting at $10,000 per year for the individual plan—Knak offers over 50 professional-quality templates for landing pages and Marketo and Eloqua emails at no cost.
- In addition to responsive templates, the free version features auto-populating tools thatquickly customize templates with brand logos, fonts, and colors.
- Individual, team, and enterprise plans offer integrations with more platforms, such as Acoustic, Adobe Campaign, and Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- The software features industry-leading optimization technology to improve engagementon landing pages and email campaigns.
- The enterprise license offers user roles and workflow management and approvalcapabilities to streamline collaboration across departments.
Templates from left to right: Mantra (Progress), Neopolitan (Welcome), and Goldstar (Invoice).
Dyspatch is a dynamic drag-and-drop email editor that integrates with almost 20 ESPs, including Marketo, allowing you to export responsive templates with only one click. The platformfeatures an open-source email template project that offers free templates. The library includes11 themes with up to 9 template options each, allowing you to standardize your campaign’svisual appearance across email types.
- The platform transfers conditionals across all ESPs by automatically converting them tothe right format.
- To save time, you can repurpose customized content blocks like brand information andlegal lines across localized templates.
- You can collaborate in one place and avoid missed edits and requests with built-incommenting tools and approval workflows.
- You can effortlessly boost engagement by using Dyspatch’s embedding capabilities withforms, surveys, and live data.
Templates from left to right: Email Newsletter (in violet); Promotional Email (in green); and Newsletter, Promotional, and Personal Notification Email (in blue).
The global creative platform 99designs by Vista, which connects freelancers and designers inan online community, offers 45-plus free email templates. You can access the responsive HTMLtemplates in seconds by submitting your email address.
- The template collection includes three different categories: newsletter, promotional, andpersonal notification.
- Finding the right email for your campaign is a no-brainer with the collection’s variety ofdifferent visual themes. Each template type is available in three different styles and fivedifferent colors: blue, green, orange, red, and violet.
- The zip file is quick to download and takes up little space at only 6.9MB.
- Each template is customizable and compatible with most marketing automation programs.
Email templates from left to right: Classy—Free HTML, Creative Boost HTML, and Surreal Estate—Free HTML.
The MailBakery Template Store offers sleek HTML email templates at no cost for variousindustries and campaign categories. While all the templates integrate directly with Mailchimpand Campaign Monitor, the design team offers integrations with other ESPs by request.
- The free collection includes almost 60 templates across 5 industries: business,ecommerce, food and restaurants, design and photography, and travel and lifestyle.
- You can preview templates with live links and download zip files with the HTML inseconds—no email required.
- All MailBakery templates are mobile-responsive and have been tested on more than 40devices and browsers.
- If you decide to invest in a functional or customized template, you can download a freedemo first to make sure it’s the right fit for your campaign.
Templates from left to right: Virtual or In-Person Event Invitation, Customer Loyalty: Welcome Letter with Buttons, and Transactional Email: Simply Styled.
Litmus, an all-in-one email marketing platform, offers more than 60 free HTML email templates.The software integrates with 20-plus email marketing tools, including Adobe Experience Cloud and Marketo. You’ll need to create a free account to log in to the community site and access thetemplates, but you’ll be glad you joined. The community offers additional resources such asdiscussion boards, job listings, and learning tools.
- The free modern designs are grouped under four different types: product launch,ecommerce, account management, and marketing email templates. You can alsodownload an additional package that includes templates for welcome, anniversary,birthday, review, re-engagement, and plain text emails for your subscribers.
- Litmus offers capabilities for email design, building, personalization, testing, analytics,and collaboration and review.
- The Email Builder is user-friendly, no matter your comfort level with coding.You cancustomize emails using drag-and-drop functionality or build brand-new campaigns withHTML.
- You can preview your email in more than 100 ESPs—and in dark mode—and runquality assurance tests on links to optimize your campaigns.
Free email marketing templates are just the beginning
As you can see, there is no shortage of free professional email marketing templates availableonline. Great templates will not only save valuable time and resources, but also strengthencustomer relationships and buildengagement with your brand.
Now that you’re an expert on free email marketing templates, you’re ready to start designingand sending scroll-stopping email campaigns. Expand your skills by reading more about how to design effective emails or jump in with a free template from Stripo.
It’s critical to consider new ways to personalizeyour messaging as you grow your company’s email marketing strategy. Adobe Marketo Engagecan help you meet your customers where they are and craft scalable, responsive emails to take your campaigns to the next level. Learn more about Marketoand how you can build engaging, personalized experiences at scale by taking a product tour.