Adobe named a Leader in the 2023 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Personalization Engines
It’s an honor for Adobe to be recognized as a Leader in the 2023 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Personalization Engines for the sixth consecutive year. At Adobe, we believe this report is an indication of the critical role a personalization program plays in a brand’s relationship with new visitors and loyal customers across the entire customer journey, beginning with marketing or engagement use cases at first touch and extending into customer service and support.
Personalization remains a priority for marketing and product leaders in enabling business to deliver measurable results for customer engagement, loyalty, and growth. A new era of personalization is shaping how brands are exceeding customer expectations at every interaction across the customer journey — putting people first with intentions to know and understand each individual better and their relationship with constantly changing and evolving customer needs.
We believe this recognition directly reflects the continued success and innovation of our Adobe Target customers — the thousands of brands focusing on scaling real-time personalization with one-to-one targeting to analyze multichannel data, activate insights for every visitor, and deliver personalized content, product recommendations, and offers for optimized customer journeys.
Personalization challenges continue across digital experiences
At Adobe, we are constantly seeking ways to engage and listen to our customers. Both midsize and large businesses are still struggling to know confidently that their complex marketing technologies are fine-tuned to deliver personalization to every new visitor, loyal customer, and partner.
Brands are facing market pressure to evolve how they test and experiment, deliver the next best action or experience to meet customer expectations, and align internally to execute across several business units. Data science and analytics, marketing, and development and product teams all have common pains when discussing personalization use cases. The inability to integrate data with siloed tooling, act quickly on insights and recommendations, and scale one-to-one personalization are top challenges for customers looking to deliver personalized digital experiences.
These challenges, mixed with the importance of consumer trust and privacy, push the evolution of how personalized content and offers are created, tested, and delivered from a unified view of the customer.
AI-powered personalization with Adobe proves strengths in “next-gen” capabilities
Adobe Target is the engine powering personalization with impact on acquisition, engagement, conversion, loyalty, and revenue. It provides teams with the ability to design, launch, and measure personalization activities with real-time machine learning, profile storage, data collection, and unified delivery. By connecting data and content, combined with the power of automation, organizations become leaders in optimization using enriched profile composition for experimentation and personalization.
Customers are achieving personalization excellence and building a robust, scalable program with:
- Open, flexible architecture — cross-channel, client- and server-side hybrid deployments, and on-device decisioning — all within a single instance.
- Real-time, contextual profile — automated testing and individual personalization with real-time, contextual profiles across channels for one-to-one personalization.
- Secure performance — a global Edge network with secure, client- and server-side deployments without webpage bloating or publicly exposing tests and personalization activities.
- Synchronized analytics — a full view of impact and performance on tests with enhanced analytics reporting.
Brands need a holistic view into the speed, extensibility and customization, and flexibility for scaling personalization performance. By enriching profile attributes and segments from Adobe Experience Platform, Adobe Target is infused with real-time segment qualification to provide the next best action based on a full historical view of the customer.
In addition to program performance and scalability, personalization practitioners are looking to gain further insight and business value from all areas in which they use Adobe Target – experimentation activities and reporting, automated and enriched in-session personalization, optimized load times for conversions, and UI workflows for greater productivity. Below is an overview of some of the most recent innovations in Adobe Target.
- Adobe Real-Time CDP attributes and audience sharing enable organizations to augment in-session Adobe Target audiences and contextual data with enriched segments and attributes from Real-Time CDP and Experience Platform, marrying online and offline interaction data for precision same-page personalization use cases — like offer suppression and personalized incentives or messaging for dissatisfied customers. These data and segments can also be evaluated within AI-powered personalization activities for more precise, dynamic same-page experiences.
- Integrations with Adobe Customer Journey Analytics for understanding Adobe Target activity impact within the broader journey context.
- Custom models and algorithms in our AI-powered personalization activities in Adobe Target provide controls to the user to fine-tune the data being analyzed for 1:1 personalization at each visit.
- On-device decisioning provides near latency-free deployment of Adobe Target on-device for performance-sensitive functions and channels of an organization’s digital experience.
- React Spectrum User Interface development allows for increased activity and audience creation speed and accuracy.
Adobe customers say it best
In addition to being recognized as a Leader in this year’s Magic Quadrant, Adobe is proud to have received a Gartner Customers’ Choice distinction for Personalization Engines. This comes with outstanding Adobe Target client references across more than 231 reviews as of September 12, 2023. A strong customer community speaks to the continued maturity, innovation, and future vision Adobe has for how brands are gaining ROI in delivering personalized experiences.
The market is evolving fast, and successful brands are powering their programs with multichannel, real-time, personalized customer journeys. To deliver personalization at scale, organizations are turning to comprehensive testing with AI/ML automation and a scalable, integrated ecosystem to drive engagement, customer loyalty, and business growth.
Here is your complimentary copy of the full report 2023 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Personalization Engines.
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally, Magic Quadrant and PEER INSIGHTS are registered trademarks of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates and are used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s Research & Advisory organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Gartner Peer Insights™ content consists of the opinions of individual end users based on their own experiences, and should not be construed as statements of fact, nor do they represent the views of Gartner or its affiliates. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in this content nor makes any warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this content, about its accuracy or completeness, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.