Adobe announces new mobile capabilities to power personalized customer engagement
Like many people, I spend a lot of time on my smartphone communicating with friends, family, and colleagues — but also engaging with brands. I get text reminders about my upcoming dinner reservations, watch my favorite shows via streaming apps, and even use a retailer’s mobile app to locate items in the store instead of aimlessly searching through aisles. Mobile devices are undoubtedly playing a more significant role in the brand experience, and a great mobile experience is no longer a nice-to-have for brands — it’s a necessity. Not only do brands have to seamlessly integrate mobile strategies into the customer experience, but they must ensure every one of those mobile interactions is also personalized.
To help brands provide customers with exceptional, contextually relevant experiences, Adobe is unveiling new mobile capabilities within Adobe Journey Optimizer, powered by Adobe Experience Platform. Journey Optimizer enables brands to activate real-time customer insights to design and deliver seamless, tailored interactions across channels. These mobile features, now available in the application, allow brands to engage their customers wherever they may be.
Key mobile capabilities powering personalized customer experiences at scale include:
- Message designer: With Journey Optimizer, brands can design and deliver personalized email, push, in-app, and text messages all from a single intuitive interface. The drag-and-drop user interface, now available for text and in-app messages, makes it easy to compose messages without switching back and forth between various applications or requiring developer assistance.
- Personalized in-app experiences: Brands can create contextually aware in-app messages that are personalized based on data like customer profile attributes, device location, and app usage history. Out-of-the-box templates make it easy to design branded, engaging experiences.
- Unified real-time customer profile: With Journey Optimizer, customer data from multiple sources can be collected and analyzed to become actionable business insights within streamlined workflows. Updated in real time, customer data like location, past purchases, and more can be unified to help mobile marketers determine the next-best communication to send customers to keep them informed, engaged, and loyal.
- Personalized one-time interactions and campaign communications: Whether teams are sending a tailored text message for something like a flight status update or push notifications as part of a planned campaign, Journey Optimizer can help determine the right message to deliver to the customer — even if it means pausing campaign messages due to an unresolved customer service issue.
- Location-aware triggers: Because Journey Optimizer can actively listen to events such as a person entering an entertainment venue or a store, a brand can use mobile messages to amplify the customer experience. For example, if a customer with the mobile app of their favorite sports team enters the arena for a basketball game, the arena can notify the fan about the nearest concession stand or restroom.
- Easy access to brand-approved content and assets: Marketers and customer-facing teams can access approved brand assets natively within Journey Optimizer through a lightweight, cloud-based digital asset manager (DAM), Adobe Experience Manager Assets Essentials. Rich media like images and videos stored in the DAM can be easily sized to the proper dimensions of every phone, ensuring customers are seeing marketing messages in the optimal way.
- Developer tools for increased data confidence: Developer tools within Journey Optimizer allow for inspection and validation of data for client-side web and mobile events, low-level SDK logs, and data exports. This lets developers verify and debug integrations, ensuring the quality of the mobile experiences being delivered. Journey Optimizer also provides simulations of real-world conditions and customer profiles for aspects like client-side configurations and location-based events to build confidence in the workflows.
Making mobile commerce and marketing conversational
The shopping journey belongs to the consumer, not the brand. Consumers decide when and how they want to engage with a brand, both online and offline. With Journey Optimizer, consumers can use their mobile devices to connect with brands in a variety of ways — whether it's via text message, push notifications, or in-app messages.
An out-of-the-box connector from Sinch, an Adobe Exchange Premier Partner, enables brands to natively author personalized SMS messages within Journey Optimizer. Through this partnership, brands will also be able to leverage Sinch’s Conversation API, allowing consumers to connect with brands via rich two-way conversational mediums like WhatsApp, WeChat, Viber, and a host of other next-generation messaging platforms. These channels can be connected to artificial intelligence-based chatbots to provide consumers with another way to engage with their favorite brands. Through this technology, consumers can check to see if their favorite item is back in stock, find store location information, and more.
Every brand interaction plays a critical role in moving customers along the buying journey. Deeply integrated mobile strategies give brands the ability to communicate with customers while also adding real value to their lives.
Learn more about how Adobe Journey Optimizer’s mobile capabilities can help power personalized omnichannel customer experiences.