Adobe Experience Cloud drives personalization at scale for retailers
Over 80% of consumers who increased their digital usage during the pandemic plan to continue to do so moving forward. As customer engagement with retailers increasingly moves online, and across a variety of channels, customers have higher expectations around the quality of their digital interactions. In turn, they have become more open to exploring different shopping options and have made it more important for retailers to deliver personalized experiences at scale to customers in real time.
When it comes to personalization, there is an opportunity for retailers to drive revenue growth, increase customer satisfaction, and build customer loyalty. Research from McKinsey shows companies with a deep focus on personalization drive revenue growth 40% more than those who do not.
Adobe Experience Cloud, powered by Adobe Experience Platform, makes it easy for brands to personalize their digital experiences at scale for millions of users thanks to cutting-edge technologies like Adobe Sensei, Adobe’s artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning framework. The Total Economic Impact of Adobe Experience Cloud, a July 2021 commissioned study conducted by Forrester Consulting on behalf of Adobe, shows this helps increase the speed of creating digital customer experiences by 28% and grows customer conversions by 20%.
Thousands of brands are already leveraging Adobe Experience Cloud to deliver personalized experiences at scale. Some examples:
- Dick’s Sporting Goods, a leading omnichannel sporting goods retailer, is gathering customer insights in real time through Adobe Experience Cloud applications as customer interactions take place across physical stores, ecommerce, and their mobile app. This offers an immediate pulse on customers’ shopping journeys, and it allows for personalization to happen in the moments when it counts most. For example, when a first-time shopper comes into a Dick’s store for tennis equipment, that customer will receive content in the future on tennis balls and rackets instead of something like new wrestling gear.
- Walgreens Boots Alliance, an integrated healthcare, pharmacy, and retail leader serving millions of customers and patients every day, is using Adobe Experience Cloud to produce deeper customer insights while delivering more relevant customer experiences that are integrated across channels like the website, mobile app, and in-person retail. This plays a key role as Walgreens and Boots (UK) work to enhance shopping and wellness experiences by making them more personalized. In the US, this means activating a loyalty program with over 100 million members — including new services such as 24/7 pharmacy chat, customized health advice, and an updated interface for managing vaccine appointments.
- Tractor Supply Company, the largest rural lifestyle retailer in the US, has been passionate about serving its unique niche that targets the needs of recreational farmers and ranchers for more than 80 years. Tractor Supply is modernizing its shopping, ecommerce, and mobile experiences by using Adobe Experience Cloud to drive personalization for millions of shoppers with targeted promotional offers and services like curbside pickup. By reimagining the shopper experience, Tractor Supply now has the technology foundation to constantly iterate, along with the ability to test new experiences and move quickly when services need to be deployed.
- Discount Tire, a leading independent retailer of tires and wheels, uses Adobe tools to deliver a consistent web, mobile, and in-store experience that’s personalized to each individual customer. For example, Discount Tire activates targeted messaging for customers located in different weather environments and has even leveraged elements like QR code scanning to drive personalization. This is no small undertaking: the company operates more than 1,000 stores across the US, and upwards of 80% of its customers begin their experience with the company online at discounttire.com. The seamless integration of Adobe applications has helped Discount Tire achieve resiliency and growth — even during a global pandemic. It has also improved its ability to continue serving its customers on a personal level just like the company did when it was first founded.
- Coles, a leading Australian retailer, has a deeper understanding of the full customer journey across multiple Coles brands thanks to Adobe Experience Cloud. By partnering with Adobe, Coles has been able to personalize the experience for their consumers who regularly visit the brand’s websites to learn more about services, check out the latest deals, and look up store hours. By offering more seamless, personalized experiences, Coles increased website engagement with 55% more page views and 52% more visits year-over-year.
- L’Occitane, an international group that manufactures and retails beauty and well-being products that are rich in natural and organic ingredients, is establishing a personal connection with customers, which is helping the brand to build customer loyalty. Adobe Experience Cloud helps L’Occitane bring dynamic content into its marketing campaigns. For instance, if a customer is looking through products on the brand’s website, an email could be sent the next day highlighting the products the customer viewed and recommendations for similar products, or an email might be sent that focuses on beauty routines based on the location in which the user viewed the site (like keeping one’s skin fresh in winter, for example). By working with Adobe on a Black Friday campaign, L’Occitane was able to deploy over 4 million emails to customers and prospects, with 99% of them successfully delivered. The team achieved an open rate of 12.85% and a response rate of 13.87%, which increased traffic to the website and helped drive sales.
With Adobe Experience Cloud, these retailers have a real-time pulse on consumer shopping journeys and are able to enable personalization in the moments that count and create value to customers across interactions.
As the demand for personalized experiences increases and more brands accelerate their omnichannel strategy, Adobe is committed to continuing to deliver on customer personalization and to growing our offerings to help retailers meet the demands of a changing market. This week, we announced several new tools to help retailers increase customer engagement and build customer loyalty.