Government is transforming. Leaders are pushing to increase efficiency and improve experiences for citizens and employees.
Lawmakers have rolled out key policy initiatives calling for people-centric services for the digital age and giving agencies needed momentum to upgrade:
- The president’s Executive Order on Transforming Federal Customer Experience and Service Delivery to Rebuild Trust in Government implements services that are simple to use, accessible, equitable, protective, transparent, and responsive.
- The 21st Century Integrated Digital Experience Act (IDEA, Public Law 115-336) accelerates the digitization of the citizen-facing and internal services while aligning customer experience programs under the CIO.
- The President’s Management Agenda and the Cross-Agency Priority (CAP) goals ask agencies to create citizen experiences that mirror the private sector by delivering excellent, equitable, and secure federal services and customer experiences.
- OMB Circular A-11 Section 280 — Managing Customer Experience and Improving Service Delivery establishes a customer experience framework for the federal government and guidance on how to improve effectively.
- Last year the Modernizing Government Technology (MGT) Act appropriated funding to support digital service projects.