Bringing your business online allows you to improve its overall efficiency. A digital transformation can provide more seamless ways to complete purchases and provide substantial cost savings with the digitizing of manual tasks.
Businesses are no longer required to field so many calls or provide certain services because buyers are empowered to manage these tasks with online self-service tools. This offers a brave new world of client service. It also reinvigorates the role of the salesperson. By decreasing their time creating orders, salespeople are free to focus on consultative sales. They can help clients make the best choices by educating them about new offerings.
Additionally, cloud-based digital solutions offer the flexibility to transform your business to make rapid changes and quickly incorporate innovations. Cloud commerce enables merchants to not only support multiple B2B selling models with native functionality, but also to sell to both B2B and B2C customers from the same platform. This is a value-add for technical and planning requirements.
With cloud-based technology, you unlock these benefits:
• Decreased need to make capital investments in servers, networking equipment, and so on.
• Less demand to invest in certain types of employees or expertise.
• Flexibility to scale as needed.
• Ability to adapt to changing needs.
• Support for multiple selling models.
Enjoy the results of reduced expenditures.
• Lower customer support costs. Empower the customer by making customer calls about orders, inventory, available credit, or order status obsolete.
• Avoid human error. Merchants no longer need to manually enters orders. Digital commerce solutions can ensure an SKU exists and is in stock and that the customer is eligible to purchase before accepting an order.
• Create efficient transactions. Smart inventory sourcing automatically determines the lowest cost to fulfill each order from across a range of distribution centers, branch locations, or channel partners.
• Decrease time to market. Use a solution that can easily integrate with other systems. This allows you to get to market fast and use available data to create a personalized commerce experience.
Step up your selling game.
Implementing a digital commerce platform enables your organization to do the following:
• Distinguish new and returning customers to understand buyer needs.
• Provide superior product detail and insight, including CAD files and fitment details for greater order confidence.
• Enhance your understanding of the customer’s ecosystem.
• Provide streamlined ordering for customers.
• Quickly respond to quote requests online.
• Provide self-service account management tools.
• Integrate customer communications.
• Offer custom catalogues and price lists.
• Provide complete inventory visibility across locations and supply chain partners.
• Extend credit to companies to increase sales.
• Support payments on account, credit transaction, and balance tracking.
Australian Pharmaceutical Industries Limited (API) is one of Australia’s leading pharmaceutical distributors and fastest growing health and beauty retailers, supplying approximately 3,500 pharmacies across the country.
The company launched their “myAPI” site to offer a backorder system to allow customers to place orders on out-of-stock products. Implementing this feature reduced customer service calls by 20 percent — practically overnight.
API’s customers now benefit from access to digital documents, making it easy to review their order and return history and status. By enabling core self-service features online, API made it easier for wholesale customers to work with the company while significantly reducing operational costs. It’s now possible for them to take orders 24 hours a day with no added sales team.