Five Reasons to Go Hybrid with Your eCommerce Strategy
Get yourself a platform that can do both (B2B and B2C)
The lines between B2B and B2C commerce are blurring. B2C companies are adding wholesale shop fronts while their traditionally B2B counterparts are increasingly selling direct to consumers. With online B2B purchases set to hit $9 trillion in the U.S. alone this year, it’s no wonder retailers are moving to grab a piece of that pie.
Still not convinced you should be considering a hybrid ecommerce platform? That’s okay, we’ll help break it down in this easy to read guide, One Platform to Rule Them All.
Let us walk you through the key reasons to go hybrid, including:
- Simplifying operations with one platform that integrates your CRM, ERP and other systems
- Separating yourself from the competitive pack with a diversified business model
- Bringing an enjoyable, consumer-like experience to your B2B shop front
- Futureproofing for new revenue streams, even if you aren’t selling today
- Unifying inventory management while customising product offers for B2B and B2C buyers